Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Shape of Things


Noticed more of the Japanese maple leaves today as I was walking. They have begun to dry and contract in upon themselves to form complex shapes.
Legs and arms to lift themselves off of the ground and skitter about on.
As the autumn season progresses and the colors fade the shapes and forms of things start to catch the attention. The bones of the world come clearer into view.

Its a different view

Less flamboyant in color

With a drama all its own...

4 comments:

Elizabeth Bennett said...

Inanimate become animate. It occurs to me that I've never seen life in death the way I see it in these photos. Beautiful but eerie and a little intimidating. Thanks.

jude said...

the bones of the world...wonderful

Julia Moore said...

Oh! I like how you see the living spirits and personalities in every little part of nature. I know those leaves. That's Mable, and Russell, and Lefty! They are my friends too.
Love your work. J.M.

alsokaizen said...

Thank you all for your comments They mean so much to me
Elizabeth I know what you mean about the eerieness of them the shapes are so animal like
Thanks jude this is the season of bones for me
Hi Julia OMG that IS their names you made me laugh out loud!
and yes I've got a bit of the animism spirit in me
All of it is alive to me