Sunday, September 23, 2012

46/60 - Garden Projects

I have been grabbed by the garden again.
I think it started a couple of weeks ago when Lar started this:
We are hoping to get some shrubbery established in the parched, weedy area next to the driveway. He did a nice job on it. I'm not sure how he wants to plant it he is still looking and thinking.
I understand how that process can take some time...
As mentioned, I have started remaking the back border. I've been staring at it for 2+ years deciding what that will entail and how best to do it.
I finally decided how wide it needed to be and got it rototilled back in the spring.
This was the back border back in March prior to clean up.


and here it is after being rototilled
I have finally started the new retaining walls for the terraces. I'm trying to get it right this time I really don't want to have to redo it again.
I want the terraces to make sense visually and when it is planted I want it to have a stylized waterfall look.

so far so good.

2 comments:

neki desu said...

stones in your garden too!!

alsokaizen said...

I may have stones in my head too :D