Wednesday, January 3, 2018

still going

It felt warm today at 28 degrees. Big snow/wind is predicted for tomorrow then a drop back to bitter temps. We worry more about wind than snow here. A power outage takes not just our electricity but our water and heat as well. It sounds like the really powerful winds will be on the coast tomorrow, hope everyone there stays safe and warm. Meanwhile I am filling the tub and charging all my devices.
I have re-begun my habit of getting up early to do a little work as the day begins. The act of putting my creative work and myself first soothes me. It means I can go about my day without that pressure building up in me. Its easier to be clearer in the morning. Tough to manage it on weekends though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you in this severe weather. Your plan of starting your day with your own work is interesting...I usually put everything else first. Maybe I'll try a switch.

alsokaizen said...

I think it works for me but it can be hard to maintain it especially on weekends