Tuesday, September 18, 2007

New Etsy Store



Hooray its up, its active and I had my first sale!


Approximately a year ago I learned about Etsy and began to think about setting up a store. Back in the spring I took my first tentative steps and set up an account. I finally got serious toward the end of August and began to work out the difficult details (shop policies, shipping paypal, etc.) I finally got it up and running the first week of Sept. and lo and behold a sale!


This was a real accomplishment for me. Making business decisions is not something I'm very comfortable with and being a bit of a perfectionist I sweated every last detail like it was the end of the world. I'm still coming to terms with the idea that its a work in progress and if something isn't working I can change it so it does work


The store is going to cover many bases: jewelry, shibori, paper goods, art...whatever my little heart desires. Like I said a work in progress something that will develop through trial and success.


Here is the first item I listed My Shibori Beetle card set:

Its also the first sale I had on Etsy!

No comments: