This has been a busy couple of weeks, which is not to say I have anything of substance to show for it. I have been poking at three projects and not managing to really get anything finished. I have gotten about a ¼ of the way through my fire challenge piece but I would prefer to post photos of that when its complete. It took me a long time to nerve myself up to cutting up the shibori I made. This was mainly because I didn’t want to screw it up, and it has been a long time since I’ve sewn a garment. I’ve also been working on 2 pieces using the heat set shibori and again I’m not really making it over the hump. I’m too tied to the final product. I’ve spent a lot of hours doing the stitching and I really want it to come out nicely. Sometimes if I’m too invested in the outcome of a piece it really makes the creative decision making difficult to resolve…I spend a great deal of time either staring at the bits and pieces trying to figure out what to do next or actively avoiding the project entirely so I don’t have to figure it out. Another issue with the heat set pieces is an overflow of “great” ideas of how to use the bits. I can be stunned into inaction when I hit a saturation point of ideas and not enough time to realize them. Sometimes I’m amazed I get anything done at all. So I am trying to break it down into a series of baby steps and I will post more on these projects when they are a bit more resolved.