Sunday, August 20, 2017

Boston Resists

Resistance 8-19-17
It has been a busy weekend. I found some people to march with in Boston, and some friends helped me get there*
The march was very powerful. To see that many people come out to say "Not in my city!" in response to Charlottesville gives me hope.
I am trying to process everything that is going on in our country,
I need to think about how we can find a way to knit ourselves back into one people again,
what are the common threads and how do we make the necessary reparations/changes to address the very real problems that continue to tear us apart.
People have good hearts when they can see each other and don't feel hopeless.
I guess that is as good a place to start as any.


* I will not drive in Boston. Some of you may have had the experience and may understand why I do not have the stomach for it. The combo of a  street layout that resembles a plate of spaghetti , my extreme performance anxiety, not knowing my way around and a big dollop of the famous Boston rudeness made me realize there are other ways to get there if I need to go.

2 comments:

Ms. said...

The news photos I picked up from various sights were nothing but encouraging. As we try desperately to devise our responses to the situation, it might be wise to remember that we have never actually been one nation of equal beings. If good people find a way through this time it will be for the umpteenth time...and it will require constant vigilance none the less. That signage is very beautiful by the way...did you fashion it?

alsokaizen said...

I'm encouraged by the day too and I hope we can continue to build on the positive stuff as well
the sign is a design by Shepard Fairey, that he created for protesters to use he also did the Obama Hope design that you may have seen