Wednesday, September 20, 2017

churn


dervish
"Why would you choose that??"
this is an exact quote from my childhood best friend the other day
her response to me telling her that the word I "chose" for this year was churn.
(really the words always choose me, or maybe we meet each other, as though I'm asked to dance and I accept)
I guess it does seem to have some negative connotations from a certain perspective...
its the only one that fits . 
The world is dark and ugly right now and I have been immersed in it in a 'can't look away from it' type of way, 
I feel hyper aware of environmental destruction, both global/abstract and personal/intimate.
At home our jobs are insecure and the anticipation of that change...
are we fucked or free? both? 
bombarded at all levels
here is the thing though, sometimes I start to feel like butter
brutally transformed
churned

5 comments:

Liz A said...

Yours was the more honest choice this year ... my word, "enjoy," has come to seem trite and clueless. As I wrote on Grace's blog recently, there has been "joy" this year, but there has been "not joy" as well. Such is life, she says.

So, "do something" has become my mantra. Even as thoughts churn (the perfect word) with the neverending news cycles.

And butter ... well, one could do worse than that.

alsokaizen said...

butter is not a bad result when all is said and done :)

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

turning...turn turn, churn....turning is required, churn....the Muscle
of Turning

neki desu said...

right now my mantra is blessed are the tibetan monks for doing 24/7 tonglen or else we'd be more FUP

alsokaizen said...

those monks are leading us out of it and we all need to follow doing our best somethings for the world