Monday, November 27, 2017

tribe 1- gathering cloth

tribe 1
I needed to contain them and they needed a home.
So a cloth to hold them together.

woven boro

I used jude's technique that I first explored in
her online class Contemporary Woven Boro may moons ago
I think she has it up in her feel free resource now

weaving boro
tribes
I have been rolling around the question of how to present this body of work. Art or creation feels unfinished unless it is shared somehow... well maybe not, I suppose it can function as a sort of diary or journal and that may be enough. it starts that way to be sure...

tribe 1 a new home
I have visions of large sand tables in well lit galleries with these tribes arrayed like toy soldiers, game pieces caught at different moments of play. (good idea but not likely at the moment)
So maybe pictures...
Or tiny actors in films
I can't decide yet so I'm playing
In the meantime they have a home now where they can gather when they are resting


9 comments:

Ms. said...

Perhaps box frames.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

it's still dark. couldn't stay sleeping.
came here and all i want to do is watch them while they rest.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

tried to leave a comment...it got sent back?

neki desu said...

be still heart of mine!

alsokaizen said...

yes Michelle! I have thought about that too... shadow boxes work yet they are static and I'm not quite sure that the work is... I have difficulty settling this question in my mind (answer keep them in play?)

alsokaizen said...

Hi grace the comments came through on this end(?) blogger gets wonky sometimes.
they wander then they rest now they have a home :)

alsokaizen said...

neki we need all the heart we can get these days!

Dana said...

I love the strips of cloth with the color wicked up into it.

alsokaizen said...

Dana its some dyed muslin for a set of coordinating fabrics I made many moons ago.