Monday, November 20, 2017

Tribe 3 the halfway point


Tribe 3 has grown over the last few months. Slowly and surely. All members are made of the same stuff more or less. I start slowly with these tribes, I let them tell me what the traits are that define them. Each member has an individual interpretation of those traits. I find that they come into their own identity within the group based on the stone itself, the distinct sizes and shapes and what I find possible in the moment.
There is a push and pull between the two
Individuality // Tribe


3 comments:

Ms. said...

will the tribes ever mingle ? Are you glueing ?

Els said...

All different, and all the same ....

(the world should learn from you !)

alsokaizen said...

Hi Michelle They will mingle at some point, I am still figuring out how this project will gel (a long process!) I think to a large degree it will be as photographic subjects, or the animation. Venn diagrams maybe? I still have a ways to go... I think I need more action and less thinking
Els this project is very influenced by what I see in the world right now after all I can't read the news without running into the word tribe. I must have tuned into the zietgiest at some point :)