Friday, September 19, 2008

Down East Visit

Last weekend I drove up to Bar Harbor Maine to visit family and friends. Our friends Susan and David made us "t'home" at their cabin and I began a long awaited visit with my mom and her husband. It was a bit cloudy but Mt Desert Island is just beautiful regardless of the weather. While we were there we visited Thuya Garden on Northeast Harbor, the guide commented that the gardens were past their peak! They were stunning regardless of peak-ness. The dahlia above was at least 6" in diameter...
They were abuzz with humming birds and bumble bees and the floral textures were captivating.
We also drove up Cadillac Mountain I thought the mistiness added to the experience, I guess I just like a few things left to my imagination.
Here is the view away
and here is another view of the mountain

up close and personal, sometimes the shortviews are just as lovely as the long views!

No comments: