Thursday, September 24, 2009

Cadence


Once upon a time I rode a mountain bike out of a truly craptacular period of my life.

I learned alot when I rode that bike, one of the lessons imparted (never quite mastered) was cadence. Maintaining a rhythm will help you cover more ground and tougher terrain than you would ever think you are capable of conquering.

Before vacation I had a nice cadence going. Daily posts, and daily acts of creativity. It was a pretty liberal definition of creativity but hey it was serving the need of the moment.

Vacation interrupted that steady beat and I've been having a bit of a wrestling match getting back into it. That of course led to a touch of angst about losing it and what is wrong with me and so on. Pointless but distracting.

So tonight I put a little time into a paper quilt idea, frankly its not really gelling as I would like but the act is what is important not the result. I will try again tomorrow and see if I can't get my beat back.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

isn't it funny (in that non-ha ha sort of way) how when we take time to exercise and create every day, we actually get more things done in a day's time. i mean, it ought to mean we get less done since we're spending time on other things, but not true.

ACey said...

what is funny on this end is that I'm reading this post right after I finally (FINALLY!) glued a small handful of of painted papers to a larger paper. They have been sitting there for a few days mocking me with my inability to get it together enough to complete this utterly simple task ...

alsokaizen said...

Oh ACey!
sometimes the smallest tasks can defeat me, and they DO mock me...
there are days when I just have to act small in order to show up at all.
its true jeanne, utterly illogical, but true. I suspect its the inertia factor, we have begun moving so we just keep going, and the object at rest aspect works against us on those nights when the TV just seduces us into a torpor...