Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Silver Drops

So many storms blowing through lately, in between the drops we get lovely weather for a day or two, then back to the rain.
It is keeping me out of the garden for the moment which is probably for the best since I have an "event" coming up on Saturday and it will be nice if I'm not all beat up for it.
A friend surprised us with tickets to a formal dinner-auction-dance, at Marble House in Newport! It has a Great Gatsby theme!!
Tonight after a few chores I will be making a couple of adjustments to the dress and trying to spiff up my feet a bit.
I found myself a drop-waist gown covered with beads and sequins, I figured I will never get a chance to play dress up like this again so I went for it.
Hell I'm even spending money on a manicure, that is something I haven't done since my wedding.
With some luck I should be able to get some really fun photos of the whole thing, maybe even one or two of myself that are decent (fingers crossed, I don't often photograph very well).
It is a consuming diversion...

2 comments:

neki desu said...

stunning!you'll have a great time. and yes, photos please.

Anonymous said...

I love the way the beading on the dress echoes the beading of the raindrops on the leaves. Have a lovely time. :o)