Saturday, July 8, 2017

With what is at hand

3 sisters
Today I have a headache, too much wine last night and a full 6 hours at the dye table yesterday.
We have been a whirlwind of activity around here lately, chores and upgrades.
Trying to work with what is on hand, we are making the most of what we have, and releasing what we don't need, prepping for whatever is next.

a form of nesting
I am doing it in most aspects of my life
Macro (belief system)
to
Micro (wardrobe)

The tricky bit is that I'm doing it all simultaneously
The other tricky bit is how to share it

A line from yesterdays quote has me thinking
"when fences of enclosure overshadow the last scrap of commons..."
that is important
that fear of losing your sense of place/connection
that fear is primal
that reaches across the political divide into so many issues, pollution, immigration, policing, freedom, lack of employment, globalization, monopolies, addiction
There is an overwhelming sense of loss of control of our lives.
That'll make you fight HARD
I suppose the question there is can we find a common definition of the commons

2 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

it's a Beauty FULL question...it's filling me with possibilities

alsokaizen said...

and questions too