Sunday, June 8, 2008

What to Bring


Yay! Vacation!

I'm off for a week by the sea. Just in time for the first heat wave of the year, perfect timing. Here is the entertainment pack of pure indulgence I will be bringing along in no particular order

1. scetch book, pencils sharpening tools and eraser
2. journal and nice pen for morning pages
3. 4 count em 4 art related magazines to mull over
4. One silly book of pure vampire/witch related fun
5. assorted bits of shibori, floss, fabric, thread, beads and tools all packed into a gorgeous kimono fabric bag
6. the camera which is taking the picture
7. all the clothes, swimsuits ect
8. the dog and all of her assorted paraphenalia (she doesn't pack light!)
9. bikes
10. snacks
that should do it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am soo jealous.
I've been mulling over in my head what I can pack in a carry on for a 6 hour flight that won't get me held up at security. :-)

Can't take stitched shibori (no needles allowed I guess). Thought about starting on a silk/wool project. but I think toting along 500 small glass rocks and rubberbands might raise some eyebrows- and would be a bit heavy for backpacking around for the weekend. I need something to keep me busy while I'm visiting a very ill friend in the hospital- so whatever project it is -it's gotta last me, and I can't get bored with it.
You can be sure, tho, that when we go camping later this summer- I'll be bringing all of the above :-)

Have a splendid time!