Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Morning Travels


I have been trying to get up earlier in the morning so I can have a little time to work on projects. Once I'm up I find its quite nice to settle down and work quietly while the world around me wakes up. Today I started to stitch the pathway piece to a background. I had created the openwork portals with the idea of red showing through, the red fabric has been toned down with some brown dye work. I like the organic lines of the button hole stitch so as i tack the two pieces together I am creating folds that add a bit more texture and create a more interesting line.

2 comments:

jude said...

i love the 2 color stitch around the hole.

alsokaizen said...

Hi jude
I'm glad you like it I tried it initially with just the dark brown but it didn't look organic to the fabric, adding the second color made it look less tacked on more grown