Monday, November 2, 2009

Balance

Thinking about balance lately, about how to define myself without losing anything of importance
Lanie's post regarding being a maker touched on a subject that has been in the forefront of my mind lately... what am I?
Declaring myself an artist seems over the top somehow.
I don't seem to stick to themes long enough to be one.
Being an artisan seems to be beyond my levels of technical skill.
I have to admit I am lackadaisical when it comes to selling and developing product so "crafter/retailer" seems to be a bad fit.
Yet I think that "hobbiest" implies a casualness that is not a part of me.
Perhaps the name isn't that important, and now is not the time to settle deeply into one single thing.
Perhaps its about developing balance and learning to trust my heart in these choices.
This may take awhile.

No comments: