Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Nesting

Nest
come and find me
in the valley
in the deep green
hear my call

by the river
I'll wait beside her
come and deliver
your love so tall

on the soft breeze
we'll find the fruit trees
and we'll pick sweet cherries
to our hearts content

and then we'll take flight
up in these wild skies
and we'll greet the moonrise
when the day is spent

we'll build a nest
with twigs and branches
leaves and pebbles
flowers and mud

make it pretty
we'll build it steady
we'll get it ready
to hold our love

in the winter
our wings will cover
one another
against the cold

lie together
we'll stay forever
birds of a feather
'till we grow old

come and find me
in the valley
in the deep green
I'll wait for you...

written by Ruth Moody

this song breaks my heart just a little, listen to it here

No comments: