Friday, October 3, 2008

RI PBS Donation


I grew up watching PBS, in fact my folks had me fooled into believing we didn't get any other stations until I was 5 (how embarrassing!). My mom always supported the Boston affiliate as a member and as soon as I began earning enough I became a member too. I remember that as a kid I wasn't too fond of the auctions as they supplanted some of my favorite programming.

This year I will be donating 2 pieces to the 25th Anniversary Rhode Island PBS Arts Auction. I figure its a way to support a cause I really feel enriches my life and a way to get my work out there as well. It was a bit of a step to even consider doing this, my long standing lack-o-confidence made me hesitate (am I good enough?) but finally I decided that I was and I chose the two floral pieces I made last January for the Flower Show. I did make one change to them I stretched them as paintings are. I think it really raises the perceived quality of the work. Suddenly they seem more substantial to me. Something to remember...

2 comments:

Wholly Jeanne said...

i think they are lovely pieces, and i'm sure pbs and whoever "adopts" then will, too.

alsokaizen said...

Thanks Jeanne thats a lovely thing to say!