Monday, June 15, 2009

Urchin Continued


Still playing catchup after this weekend, and its unlikely to get much better as the week goes on since there is a yard sale to prepare for looming in the not too distant future that I signed up for in a fit of lunacy...

But I am still mincing away on beading the Sea Urchin Experiment...
and I like this solution as a way to attach the gathered piece to the backing. This is more in the spirit of the urchin's textures than a representation of it which is cool with me. I don't feel any particular need to accurately reproduce the urchin (as if it would be possible) its already perfect... but I am enjoying using it as an inspiration or jumping off point and seeing where it takes me.

1 comment:

leilani said...

This urchin piece is getting more and more interesting. The last photo makes me want to reach out and touch the manipulated fabric.
Thanks for the step-by-step updates.