Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dipping My Toes In


Its hard to get back into the creative swing. I've been idle for quite a while now doing nothing more than stitch a couple of stitches each night. There are lots of reasons for this I suppose, recently of course the puppy drama, but really its been going on for a lot longer...



I will sort it out as I go, or not.



Sometimes Artist Block just comes back to snarl you up and there isn't much to be done about it except pick away at the knot until it unravels.



I've been treating it with a kaizen mindset as I work on the snarl, thus a stitch or two a night, or cooking something new.



I believe it is a good way to keep the pump primed so when it clears up its a bit easier to ease back in.



Today I sewed some coasters,
and yes, I did sketch the dog.

3 comments:

Wholly Jeanne said...

hey, a sketch and coasters - that's what i call productively creative. just keep showing up. keep on showing up.

coral-seas said...

Just catching up on the a backlog of RSS feeds.

First, I am really pleased to read the puppy is home, you must be very releived. Lets hope that you (and she) don't have to go through anything like that again.

How were the backed onions, they sound delicious, and I love goats cheese?

Don't worry about the muse, they find there own way home, when they are ready.

alsokaizen said...

Hi Jeanne I will do just that, and I'm rather pleased with the coasters!
Hi Carol Anne
We are so happy shes home now
She is still recovering but the really scary part has passed (fingers crossed)
The onions were GOOD I will post the recipe tomorrow :)
I think I have to make a nice nest and the muse will come on back