Monday, February 23, 2009


I have been very slowly stitching on the Kore/Persephone piece these last few weeks


And I do mean slowly some nights its only 5 or 6 stitches, all those little stitches are starting to add up to something now but I haven't actually laid the piece out to evaluate what they are adding up to.


Today I took a look and I kind of like it, the little pintucked diamond shapes have a nice texture that sits OK with the very faint discharged shapes. I really like stitching on this fabric its soft and beat up but it also has some memory and you can sort of sculpt it with your fingers as you go.


I am less sanguine (ooo points for using that word!) about the background fabric's color.


The discharge left that fabric a soft rusty orange and I'm finding it a bit of a challenge to find colors that work with it that don't immediately bring to mind 70's rec room decor. Not really what I'm going for...


Soon I will be pulling out the basting so I can overdye it with something else, I know I want some green in there because the Kore is related to maidenhood and springtime... I wonder what would happen if I discharged it?

2 comments:

Wholly Jeanne said...

70s room decor . . . funny. am enjoying the unfolding of this enigmatic-but-with-a-central-theme project.

alsokaizen said...

Thanks jeanne
I am too (when it ain't makin me nuts :)