Sunday, March 8, 2009

3D Doodles


Well I'm done (for the moment) with these. I spent a lovely couple of hours on the back porch today fussing about attaching beads and reading passages from the book Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. We have been enjoying some delightful spring-like weather this weekend (60 degrees!). Its pleasant to just sit back and let the work lead, no real itinerary, just f**kin around.


When I was done I spent some more time playing with taking photos of them, I particularly like the way they look against the weathered boards of our back porch. I like to lay them out in patterns, so I may choose a pattern and attach them to a cloth so I can frame them... or not, I also like the look of them all glomped up in a pile.


A strange mix of connections are fired up in my brain by these. They are remind me of totems, jewels, beetles and Playskool people (god I LOVED those things as a kid) I like the totemic feel of them and yet they are playful too, homemade and just a bit funny.


These have given me few ideas that I may pursue in the next few months but more important they gave me a little break.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Sometimes its just lovely to do an unconnected bit of work just becasue you love to. These are great.

alsokaizen said...

Thanks Jackie I agree it really was a nice break from the usual stuff