Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Burning Shibori

Burning more holes Itajime style.
This is rice paper still a bit damp and see through from putting out the flames. I stitched it to a base of some handmade paper I've had sitting around for years.

I apologize for the crappy photos I seem to post more often than not. I generally seem to take photos at night and lighting is a definite problem, also my camera leaves a bit to be desired... and my photo skills are meh.

Well you get the idea...

I love the way the burnt holes are shaped by the folds...


4 comments:

dye diana dye said...

This is amazing!

Anonymous said...

question...have u ebver tried the same with fabric? could it be done?

Anonymous said...

question:
have u ever tried this with fabric? could it be done?

alsokaizen said...

Thanks! I had the same thought about fabric zenobia, and a couple of other thoghts too...