Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Some Stitching

After a bit of waffling I finally decided that the burnt shibori looked best with black behind it. It just seemed a bit of a waste to cover over the golden piece... I will find another use for that. To attach it I settled on grey running stitches along the grid. The stitched lines seem to float over the shibori.

In other news our puppy has a clean bill of health! She is finally done with the prednisone and the last blood work was fine. I am so happy that she came through it. We are still bringing her into work each day but now its just because we like to.

I want to show off my friend Brian Fox getting some coverage on the local news. Brian is a wonderful artist (and person) I was lucky enough to work with him for a number of years. He decided to try his chances as a portrait artist 5 or 6 years ago and it is wonderful to see his career evolve. He specializes in sports figures and celebrities (and the occasional racehorse!)

No comments: